Friday, June 3, 2016

Assessment


So, assessment for adhesion release.  This was a series of mobility screens coupled with some poking around in my legs, hips and lower back.  I failed just about every mobility screen (the one I passed was "touch your toes").  This wasn't particularly surprising to me, as I had just recently failed pretty much all the same ones when doing my Bulletproof testing.  Here's some examples of my current terrible mobility:

Hips.  This is where my back starts to round:


Knee flexion.  My left (ACL) is straight up awful, but my right isn't optimal either (ie. also fails):


And finally, there's my knee extension and just how my left leg sits while I'm laying down, compared to my right:

No word of a lie, when the doctor grabbed my knee to do a flexion assessment, what I got was "Darron, are you serious?"  Yes, yes I am.

So my three-pronged diagnosis of my immobile lower body was adhesion, nerve entrapment and degeneration.  None of these things surprised me as the whole point of me coming was adhesion, I've felt the pins and needles/burning of the nerve issues, and many an ortho has told me about degeneration, making my goal to degenerate less over the next many years.

Having been assessed, it was now time to book my first treatment, which I scheduled for the next day.  No sense wasting time getting this show on the road.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment