Saturday, January 24, 2015

Day 6

In a couple hours, it will be exactly a week since my actual injury happened. Time flies I guess.

My brain feels a lot less foggy today and my headaches are dissipating. I think this might have to do with reducing my painkiller dosages. I think I've had two today total. Honestly my pain seems really minimal, especially when I'm sitting with my leg elevated. Sometimes it makes me think that all of this is some kind of sick joke. When I stand up, I don't even get pain really - it's more the sensation of all the blood flowing down into my foot. My toes go from a fairly normal colour to dark, dark red in a matter of minutes.

Today was a bit of a downer day, to be honest. It started with me waking up when Marlies woke up to head into the army. I then broke into tears because I was tired and couldn't get back to sleep because my butt cheek was asleep. Mar helped me put another pillow under my leg to kind of elevate my butt off the bed and alleviate the issue. I fell back asleep for another four hours or so, so I'll call that a success.

When I woke up, I felt pretty down thinking about how many more weeks of this I have to come. While this one has gone pretty fast, there's still five more where I am completely non weight bearing. I feel incredibly guilty for the amount of help that I require. I had a friend over yesterday who kind of made fun of me putting foods in my pockets - I realize it looks pretty funny, but I really didn't want to ask for help in getting two turkey sticks and a pudding. Anyways, my pity party went on for a while. I forced myself to get up and get dressed to snap myself out of it:



I put everything on myself, so I felt marginally accomplished and self sufficient for that. I also decided I was finally going to eat a proper lunch. I cut up some tomato and cucumber, weighed out my chicken and put everything in a tupperware with some pickles. I measured out some BCAAs and glutamine and sealed it up tight in a shaker. I put everything into a cinch bag, threw that on my back, and successfully got it into the living room. Took my vitamins, ate everything. Small accomplishments.

The rest of the day was mostly uninteresting. I do like how Trigger loves to be with me:



I also noticed tonight how much smaller my left ankle is looking:



I think it's because I'm not able to work out, so my ankle isn't getting a chance to lock up (a problem I frequently have), so the swelling has actually come out of the joint. Or my body is just too busy swelling the other one to have time for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment