Saturday, February 21, 2015

Day 35

I just want to start putting weight on my leg. It's becoming increasingly difficult to maintain my NWB status. 

I called my surgeon's office yesterday to ask about getting in any closer to my six week date as opposed to 7.5, so that I can get the ok to start physio. His secretary was kind of a dbag. I called the ortho clinic at the Mis and the person there was a lot nicer although unfortunately did not have any good news for me. Apparently he has clinic hours once per week and they are all overbooked. His next hours after my six week date (Feb. 28) are March 6 and there's a very, very small chance if enough people canceled that I could maybe slide in that day (so let's say 10% at best). So a 10% chance that I could cut five days off my 11 day limbo. 

It's just so frustrating. 18 days is a lot less than the 35 I've already done but I still don't feel like I'm on the NWB home stretch (because three weeks is not a home stretch). I think my frustration increased when I was chatting with the receptionist at Propel who also happens to have a surgically repaired fibula. She injured herself a week after me, and her follow up is two days before mine. 

"It's just a week". But it's a week that I could be closer to walking, driving, progressing. Instead of sitting a home doing the same mobility, the same contrast, the same NWB and just waiting. 

I know how much longer the road is for me, but I would really just like to get on that road instead of being stuck on the shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment