Monday, February 9, 2015

Just Killing Time...

I don't know how much there is to say about my recovery right now. Essentially, I sit around and grow bones until March 11. 

I'm not really in pain, and anytime I feel pain, I become somewhat worried that I have screwed something up. So there's paranoia. 

There's boredom. Oh man, so much boredom. 

And then loneliness. Working from home with the dogs as company is nice in that I don't have to get shuttled to work every day, but it's also super lonely. I miss being around people. 

My mobility work is going pretty well - it's definitely getting easier as the days go on. The swelling seems to be going down somewhat (although it's definitely still present). 

The grossest thing has probably been the dead skin around my two incisions and on my foot. I am moisturizing the crap out of my leg and my foot, but I'm peeling like whoa. It's like a sunburn, minus the sunburn. Anyways, it's gross, but also kind of fun to peel it off. Like with white glue when I was a kid. 

I got a notice about an hour ago that my ski-erg has shipped, so I'm excited for that to get here. Hopefully if I do some cardio I won't come back in absolutely terrible shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment