Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Limbo

Tomorrow is my referral appointment with a sports med doctor at the Glen Sather clinic. I'm hoping to get some answers to a few questions with respect to activity and ideally get a better picture of what kind of hoops I would need to jump through in order to try and make sure I don't have a six month waiting period before surgery. With a minimum six month recovery, I pretty much need to get surgery by October if I'm going to make a run at team Canada next year. I also need a better idea of knee timelines so I can figure out the timeline for getting my ankle hardware taken out. 

Apparently they offer a functional strengthening and conditioning class for ACL patients - either pre-op or 4-6 weeks + post-op, but I'm unlikely to qualify as the requirements are full range of motion of the knee (I'm missing a significant degree of extension) and moderate effusion or less (my MRI put me at moderate to severe); so that's too bad. But I really need to know what I can do in the meantime. I'm in this awful no-man's land where I don't see the point of doing anything because (i) I'm somewhat worried about continuing to grind away my knee; and (ii) everything seems pointless because I'm just going to need to go through another recovery period.

No comments:

Post a Comment