Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Just one of Those Days...

Injury rehab is so emotionally draining, and this is by far the biggest one and the longest timeline I've had to battle with.

I lost it last night because shit just wasn't going well at football practice. Any sort of resistance - be it hands or a push back - and I just couldn't hold a drive block to save my life. It's so humbling and frustrating and embarrassing - I used to be good at this sport and now I feel so far from where I was. Forget improving this season - I will be lucky if I am the same player I was last year. That is a difficult feeling to come to terms with and as the first game looms every closer (10 days today) the reality eats at me all the more. I'm about 50/50 to even play in that game and that 50% requires a whole lot of improvement to come in the next week as it relates to driving out off my toes.

Some days I just get really tired of always being in some kind of pain. I'm transitioning more from joint-specific pain to stabilizer pain, which is good news in terms of making progress but sucks in terms of feeling general muscle fatigue all the time. I'm taking a forced rest day today because I need to let the muscles in my calf and foot simmer down.

My foot sweats non-stop. It's kind of gross. If I have my socks off because I'm doing stabilization or mobilization or whatever, I leave sweat footprints in the carpet. Pretty hot, I know.

I did back squat 135 for 5 last night - my depth (in oly shoes) was actually rock bottom, so that was cool.

I noticed today that my talus is tracking way better and I am getting some calf strength back, such that I can get up on my toes both easier and higher than last week. So I mean, progress, just never the progress that I want.

Skipping is truly terrible. I favour my left leg over my right and can't string together more than like five jumps. Embarrassing. Lateral hurdle jumps are better than forward, but neither are great. I can't successfully jump backwards over a 6" hurdle (which is a huge piss off).

No comments:

Post a Comment