Saturday, June 27, 2015

Post Surgery - Day 3

Slept slightly better last night - still not sleeping through the night, but there were less wake-ups.

Got my exercises done; I think I'm still around 90 degrees, warming up to past 90.

Feeling pretty good, I made the decision that I was going to go out and watch my football team play for the conference championship.  It's currently 30+ degrees in Edmonton so essentially I was making the decision to be outside for the vast majority of the day.

The team won so that was great to see, but I definitely paid for it in the form of some increased swelling through my knee.  When I finally got home I iced every hour for 20-25 minutes x4 to try and help bring it back down, which I think I did.  I was happy to note at bedtime when I did my exercises again that my mobility had not been impacted by my adventurous day.

No tramadol today; I had one toradol when I got him to try and help with inflammation.  I made the decision not to take another one before bed because I was really hoping for things to "get moving" again and both medications have constipation as a side effect.  I had the same problem after my ankle surgery and it resolved itself, but I wanted to help things along so I took some Restoralax before bed.  Sorry for the pun, but this is the crappier side of surgery.


No comments:

Post a Comment