Sunday, June 28, 2015

Post-Surgery - Day 4

Today has been the first day I actually felt like I had something done.  I woke up alert from my surgery, and have been pretty alert/no pain ever since.  Today I have been ridiculously tired and have slept most of the day.  Probably a good indication that I over-exerted myself yesterday.

Woke up and did my exercises.  Flexion is definitely coming along, and I'm fairly sure that I'm past 90.  Extension I think is coming, but it's harder to tell with these dressings still on how my knee is hanging.  I get to take them off tomorrow, so I'll be able to get a better view.  

Excitement of the morning was that things began moving again.  Thank you world!

Iced my knee twice and fell asleep for a couple hours.  Woke up, watched some TV, iced again, and followed tweets online about the football final from the other conference.  I'd been feeling a bit achy, so when that game was done, I took a toradol and promptly fell back asleep for another couple hours.

It's really weird to me to look down at my feet and have my left ankle be bigger than my right.  I don't think my swelling is excessive, but it's definitely present.

Looking forward to taking the dressings off tomorrow just because the big one keeps falling down/falling apart a bit.  Part of me wants to see the incisions, etc. but part of me doesn't.  Guess I better get used to them - they aren't going anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment