Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Goals (Mostly) Accomplished

We're not quite at the end of June, but it's fast approaching. Also, I've achieved everything I'm going to achieve this month, so here we go:

GOALS FOR JUNE:
* 5 toes to bar
* 1 dead hang pull up
* 1 handstand push up
* 2x400m runs every time that I'm at SPARK
* Alternate dead hang practice and handstand work each time at SPARK
* Get back off the Diet Coke bandwagon (sadly...)

I can now do 5 toes-to-bar (and knees-to-elbows, which for some reason I find more difficult!). I successfully pulled off 2 (!!) dead hang pull ups yesterday, and one handstand push up (although it wasn't strict; I made my way down and kipped my way back up). Since I didn't specify how I achieved said HSPU, so I will declare that one a victory.

I fell off the 400m run bandwagon. This is probably a combination of the rain and my hatred of running. I really do need to get on this one, though. My hatred of running isn't making my running any stronger.

I've been doing well at alternating dead hang and handstand work, so that's been a victory.

And I'm off Diet Coke. And no longer feeling the ill effects of caffeine addiction/withdrawal. I'm trying to be pretty careful about what I do consume so that I don't end up accidentally throwing myself back off. I'm not missing Diet Coke as much as I'm conditioned to expect to drink it in certain situations (going out to eat, etc.). It's actually been pretty interesting to consider these habits more than anything else. I've been drinking a lot of carbonated water/seltzer water/mineral water, as I really do like bubbles and I've found this to be a more than adequate replacement.

I'm trying to decide what my goals are going to be for July. I'm off work for the entire month, so I definitely have a lot more time to play around with and I'm trying to decide what I want to do with that time. I know Becky and I had talked about maybe doing a powerlifting meet in August, and if that's the case, I may go heavy for the month. If we're not doing the PL meet, I might try to build a better cardio base in July. I wouldn't mind doing some cycling, and I guess I should, as mentioned, probably throw in some running *sigh*.

Speaking of running - tonight at SPARK is supposedly a running WOD. In fact, from what I understand, it's yesterday's workout, except with running instead of rowing. Yesterday was:
* 1000m row (rest 3min)
* 2 x 500m row (rest 2 min between each)
*4 x 250m row (rest 1 min between each)

I am absolutely DREADING this as a running WOD. I did quite well on it as a rowing WOD, but sadly my work on the erg does not translate in any way to running. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment