Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Progress and Fran

Today started off with an ominous Facebook post from SPARK about today's WOD, calling it an "old favorite". These ominous posts always freak me out because I know it's inevitable that Murph is going to show up sometime this summer and dammit, I'm not ready yet! I really want to be at my goal weight so that it's plausible that I do it fully Rx'ed - vest and all. Last time I did it (two years ago) I was Rx-no vest and I want the full deal.

Although realistically, if I put the vest on now, my weight would be less than where I started at the end of March, because I am officially over 20 pounds down. 21.4 to be exact, putting me just over halfway to my goal weight (20 pounds to go). I finally stepped on the scale this morning as a step towards ensuring I get back to being a bit stricter with my paleo. I had gotten very frustrated with weighing myself because unlike the first month of paleo, the weight wasn't pouring off. So I took a break from it, lest I become super obsessive and angry all the time. The problem with this, however, is that the longer I went without weighing myself, the more paranoid I got that I was actually gaining substantial amounts, thus making me not wanting to get back on the scale. Repeat x infinity. So, it was nice to know that my three week break from the scale didn't kill me, and I'm back on there 3 pounds lighter. I'm hoping that the great Diet Coke banishment, a stricter paleo diet (I've cheated a lot in the last while) and better sleep will help speed my loss up a bit more.

Speaking of Diet Coke banishment, this is day three. The wise internet tells me that caffeine withdrawal can last anywhere from two to nine days, so I may have less than a week to gut that out. I had a bit of a headache this morning, but not too bad (I've had worse coming off of caffeine before). Sluggishness has been my main issue so far. I was sleepy as all hell most of the day, and felt like I had to be super alert in the car this morning to make up for feeling out of sorts. I had trouble sleeping last night, which sucked. Hoping tonight's sleep is better. Last up is apathy/lethargy; I got through the WOD, and took the dog to the park, but actually having to cook dinner? Forget about it. That's why they have the pre-made meatloaf and salad in a bag at the grocery store.

Note to self: remember how much caffeine affects you (and ANYONE) before jumping back on this bandwagon again.

Finally - WOD. As mentioned, Fran reared her head today. It's been so long since I did Fran, I'm pretty sure last time I wasn't Rx'ed. I debated earlier today whether or not to Rx and decided to suck it up and go, with my goal being to come in under 10:00. The worst part was probably trying to do my pull ups on the S2 stand instead of on the pull up rig. At 5'8", I can stand flat footed on the ground and grip the bar, making it a little too short to get into my kip and cycle through pull ups (not that I can cycle that many). The nice thing was being able to easily get on and off the bar, and I actually like the coating on the S2 a ton better than the rig (I didn't need near as much chalk). Anyways, at the end of the day I came in at 8:43. Goal achieved. Next time, sub-8:00. And then, way off in the distance, the top time in our box of 3:29. Dude. Sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment